Easy Pancake Day 2021 recipes – including vegan, gluten free and Slimming World – The Sun
WANT to rustle up something special for Pancake Day this year?
We have some easy-to-prepare recipes for you to follow that won't leave you feeling guilty or sabotage your weight loss.
Simple pancake recipe
100g plain flour
2 large eggs
1 tsb sunflower or vegetable oil, with a little more for frying
1. Put into a bowl 100g plain flour, 2 large eggs, 300ml milk, 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil and a pinch of salt then whisk to a smooth batter.
2. Set the mixture aside for 30 minutes. If you are in a hurry, you can start making it straight away.
3. Over a medium heat, set a medium frying pan or crepe pan and wipe carefully with oiled kitchen paper.
4. Cook pancakes for 1 minute when hot on each side until it turns a golden colour, keeping them warm in a low set oven as you go along.
You can serve your pancakes with your favourite filling depending on what you fancy from lemon and sugar to Nutella.
Vegan pancake recipe
220g of plain flour
680ml of almond milk
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil, with a little more for frying
1. In a mixing bowl, add the flour and salt and make a well in the centre.
2. Slowly add in the almond milk, whisking until you get a smooth batter.
3. In a non-stick pan, heat a small amount of oil. When its hot, add a fine coating of the batter and tip the pan in order for the mixture to spread out into a circle.
4. Let the batter firm up by leaving it to cook for a few minutes. With a spatula, lift the edge to see how its coming along underneath. Once golden, flip it.
5. Cook until both sides are golden.
6. Serve on a plate.
Gluten Free pancake recipe
125g gluten-free plain flour
1. Set the flour in a bowl, making a well in the centre.
2. In the middle, crack the egg and pour in a quarter of the milk. Use an electric or balloon mix to combine your mixture.
3. After achieving a paste, mix in another quarter of milk and when there are no more lumps, mix in the remaining milk.
4. Leave to rest for 20 minutes, not forgetting to mix again before using.
5. Heat up a small non-sticky pan with small amount of butter.
6. As the butter begins to foam, add a tiny amount of the mixture making a thin layer.
7. Cook for a few minutes until its golden at the bottom, then turn over and cook till its golden on the other side too.
8. Repeat this till you have used all your mixture, stirring the mixture between pancakes.
Serve with your preferred filling.
Slimming world pancake recipe
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 level tbsp self-raising flour
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 200g fresh or frozen mixed berries (defrosted if frozen), to serve
- 100g fat-free natural fromage frais, to serve
- Ground cinnamon, to decorate
- Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork until smooth, then stir in the eggs and the flour.
- Spray a small, non-stick, heart-shaped frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Pour a 12th of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook for 1 minute, or until the base is golden brown. Flip over the pancake and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Keep warm while you make 11 more pancakes.
- Serve 3 pancakes per person with the berries and fromage frais, and dust over the cinnamon.
Click here for more details.
Banana pancake recipe
125g plain flour
1 tbsp caster sugar
2tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 ripe mashed bananas
1. Mix flour, caster sugar, salt and baking powder.
2. Mix together the egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas in a separate bowl.
3. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
3. Put a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and pour the batter onto the pan, using 4 tablespoons for each pancake
4. Cook till the pancakes are golden on each side.
5. Serve hot.
There you have it! Our guide to join in on the pancake day fun.
Happy Shrove Tuesday!
Source: Read Full Article