Dan Walker shares ‘huge’ BBC Breakfast viewing figures days after Piers’ ‘dullards’ jibe
BBC Breakfast: Dan Walker admits words 'aren't quite there'
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
BBC Breakfast editor Richard Frediani tweeted that the show had a “huge audience interest” during Wednesday’s episode with a 50 per cent share at 7am. He added the programme also had enjoyed a “big increase in volume” from 12 months ago.
The editor concluded his post thanking fans for watching the show.
Dan Walker, 44, shared the tweet in view of his 710,000 followers, telling fans it was “lovely” to have them as viewers.
Many of his fans flocked to his post to share their thoughts.
One claimed: “Only because Piers has gone.”
A second added: “It is amazing what you can achieve when you harness the power of social media to rid yourselves of the opposition, isn’t it Dan?”
A third requested for more good stories and less focus on the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Dan and Piers Morgan often exchanged words about their respective viewing figures on Twitter, before the latter quit Breakfast’s ITV rival last month.
Despite no longer being a part of Good Morning Britain, he couldn’t resist taking a swipe at BBC Breakfast this week.
Richard wrote: “Wow. Huge numbers for #BBCBreakfast on Friday with an average share of 46.2 per cent and the largest audience so far in 2021.
“Key interviews, major stories, sport, weather and entertainment make it by far the #MostWatched morning show. Thank you.”
The father-of-four shared the post, writing: “I hear @GMB’s share was 18 per cent yesterday.
“For perspective, on my last day, @GMB it’s share was 35 per cent and the BBC’s was 33 per cent.
Bill Turnbull speaks out as he’s announced as new GMB guest host [REACTION]
Sara Cox’s Brexit outburst as second EU vote ‘too little too late’ [WATCH]
Simon McCoy swipes at Beatrice’s news after viral royal baby snub [REVEALED]
“It’s been a long two months. Kills me to see these dullards crowing again.”
Piers left the show last month after sparking over 57,000 Ofcom complaints over comments he made about Meghan Markle.
After the latter discussed her life in the Royal Family with Oprah Winfrey, the presenter said he didn’t believe a word she said.
Prince Harry’s wife said she felt suicidal as part of the family and feared being left alone.
She also claimed an unnamed member of the family had concerns about their son Archie’s skin colour.
Speaking after his exit, he said he still stood by his comments and had to “agree to disagree” with ITV about his departure.
It’s since been said that Richard Madeley is the bookies’ favourite to replace Piers as Susanna Reid’s new co-star.
The former This Morning presenter said he is yet to be asked to fill in permanently, but is open to discuss the opportunity.
Source: Read Full Article