Dick Strawbridge breaks silence on ‘bullying’ claims amid future of Escape to the Chateau

Escape to the Chateau’s Dick Strawbridge discusses the future

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Dick Strawbridge, 61, and his wife Angel Adoree, 43, have spoken for the first time over bullying allegations in a new interview, a claim the pair have denied. The Escape to the Chateau star’s have addressed the allegations, as Angel defended her “chivalrous” husband.

It comes after some former Escape to the Chateau staff alleged the couple were “aggressive and abusive”, according to the Times.

Dick and Angel faced a storm of allegations when it was claimed the couple were “greedy, thankless and rude – absolutely nothing like they come across on television”.

In a joint interview, the Channel 4 stars vehemently denied the claims as Dick admitted his father would turn over in his grave over bad and ungentlemanly behaviour.

Angel explained that Dick is always “opening doors” for people and if anyone is upset he is the first to assist in any situation adding he is protective.

The mum-of-two shared that people who work with them on television have always been like family.

Angel said to The Telegraph: “These anonymous people – we don’t know who they are – we probably only met once. One of them, the main one we think, we only met for a couple of hours.

“The people who were here for any length of time were family; the kids knew them and we really opened up our world to them, so you can imagine that it felt very sad to read a lot of that stuff.”

Dick, who previously worked as colonel, addressed his background in the military and upholding high standards of behaviour.

He remarked: “I am 61 years of age and at no time in my life, in my military career and in my other careers, [have I ever] accepted behaviour that doesn’t meet my standards and my values. How you behave is what makes you who you are.”

Meanwhile, the couple also addressed the future of Escape to the Chateau and admitted they have no intentions of selling up.

Escape to the Chateau boasts over 2.5 million regular viewers in the UK and is a hit with viewers in the US where it airs on lifestyle channel TLC.

The family are set to return to Channel 4 this month with their spin-off series, Escape to the Chateau: Make Do and Mend.

DON’T MISS…

Paul Weller’s furious outburst: ‘Why the f*** would you read BBC?'[LATEST]
Piers Morgan reignites Meghan Markle feud amid claims GMB dropped him[TV]
Eamonn Holmes ‘can’t bear’ BBC Breakfast host’s habit[ADMISSION]

The show sees the couple help families solve DIY and design dilemmas.

Addressing Escape to the Chateau’s future, the pair admitted they have no plans of slowing down.

Dick told the same publication: “We are just doing what we do.

“As we keep saying to viewers, anybody can do whatever they set out to do if they just go for it.”

The Strawbridge family live happily together on the gorgeous 12-acre grounds of the Chateau de la Motte Husson.

Dick and Angel were married in 2015 and they made the Chateau their home.

Escape To The Chateau made its debut on Channel 4 back in the summer of 2016 and it has continued to generate a huge fanbase.

The documentary series became so popular, it sparked a whole franchise that has seen Dick and Angel release books, merchandise and other spin-off projects.

Escape to the Chateau: Make Do and Mend starts on Thursday at 9pm on Channel 4.

Source: Read Full Article