George Stephanopoulos says he is ‘cleared’ of the coronavirus, will donate plasma

George Stephanopoulos says he’s cleared the coronavirus – a day after being spotted in the Hamptons without wearing a protective mask.

The ABC newsman was spotted by The Post on Monday afternoon taking a stroll in East Hampton, engrossed in a long conversation on his mobile phone with his mask hanging around his neck.

In the early hours of Tuesday, the “GMA” anchor, whose wife Ali Wentworth told of her dire battle with the virus, tweeted: “Good news for me and my family.  Last week I tested positive for Covid antibodies, confirming I cleared the virus after weeks without symptoms.  I’ve also signed up for a clinical trial to donate my blood plasma and expect to make the donation in the coming week.”

We told how Stephanopoulos had already irked Hamptons residents by going out in public after his wife contracted Covid 19, while according to the town of East Hampton website, a mandate for people to wear masks in public was already in place when Governor Andrew Cuomo’s executive order saying everyone must wear a face covering went into effect on April 17.

But a source insisted to Page Six that Stephanopoulos had been walking on his own, without anyone nearby, and had been following Governor Cuomo’s orders after he said: “You’re walking down the street, you’re walking down the street alone? Great. You’re now at an intersection and there are people in the intersection and you’re going to be in proximity to other people? Put the mask on.”

The source said: “He was wearing a mask, ready to put it on if he saw anyone.”

Stephanopoulos, 59, has already been accused by a hacked-off neighbor in the Hamptons for not appropriately following social distancing guidelines.

He was spotted visiting a local drugstore on April 10 and then walking his dog on a private golf course prior to his Covid-19 diagnosis, according to the neighbor, Carrie Doyle.

She wrote in a since-deleted Facebook message, “If you know someone’s wife has corona and the wife has been very very sick with it, do you think that the husband should be out at pharmacies picking up prescriptions when the pharmacy delivers and does curbside pickup?”

He was seen at White’s Apothecary in East Hampton wearing a mask and gloves, even though the pharmacy has been offering to deliver medications to protect its staff.

“I was staying home, I was self-monitoring, I never had a temperature, and I never had any of the classic symptoms,” Stephanopoulos told the New York Times about his visit. “I was wearing a mask and gloves in White’s.”

The next day, April 11, he was tested at an urgent care facility in Bridgehampton, and then walked on a golf course near his home.

“I was carrying a mask,” Stephanopoulos said. “I was nowhere near any people.” He then learned he had tested positive and announced his diagnosis on April 13, nearly two weeks after his wife was diagnosed.

Announcing his diagnosis on “GMA”, he said he has been “basically asymptomatic”, unlike Wentworth, who previously described her condition as “pure misery.”

Source: Read Full Article