Get To Know Young Rock’s BFF Taj Cross With 10 Fun Facts (Exclusive)
Taj Cross has a brand new show and it’s premiering tonight (February 16)!
The actor will be co-starring in the new series Young Rock as Gabe, 15-year-old Dwayne’s best friend and partner in crime.
Gabe is enthusiastic, quick with an opinion, and ready for any adventure, although he prefers ones that involve cars, beers or girls.
Young Rock focuses on different chapters of Dwayne Johnson’s life. From growing up in a strong and resilient family, to being surrounded by the wild characters of his professional wrestling family, to playing football at the University of Miami, the show will explore the crazy rollercoaster that has shaped Dwayne into the man he is today and the larger-than-life characters he’s met along the way.
Young Rock will premiere TONIGHT (February 16) at 8pm ET/PT on NBC!
You might also recognize Taj from his role on the hit Hulu series PEN15, where he stars as Sam, a young student going through all the awkward experiences of middle school.
JJJ spoke to Taj ahead of the premiere of his new show and learned 10 Fun Facts about him. Check ‘em out below!
- 1. One of my biggest hobbies is skateboarding. I love and have so much fun skating and usually skate every day. Whether I’m skating with my friends or by myself, I end up making memories that somehow stick with me and never fade. I find skating for me, makes me feel free, and releases any bad energy that I might have.
- 2. If I could have any superpower it would be to have the powers of Spider-Man. Like many other young lads, Spider-Man has always been my favorite superhero and I’ve always dreamed of swinging across skyscrapers and dramatically running into an alley to put the suit on.
- 3. I listen to music everyday all day. I love finding new music or artists and then diving into every song they have out. I listen to my music on Spotify and have 16 playlists, and one of them is where I put all my favorite songs on and listen to the most. That Spotify playlist is over 10 hours long and still growing.
- 4. Right next to Spider-Man, Batman was another one of my favorite superheroes. So I would watch every Batman movie that came out, including Christian Bale‘s trilogy. When I watched The Dark Night, I was speechless. Heath Ledger’s performance as Joker in The Dark Night was one of the main things that inspired me to act in film. His incredible work in that role is still my favorite performance of all time.
- 5. When I was six years old, I got a Harry Potter wand, and I was convinced my magical powers were going to reveal. Me and my friend tried all day with the fiercest amount of conviction to get our wizard powers to work. They never showed… yet.
Click inside to learn more facts about Taj Cross…
- 6. My name, Taj, is slightly uncommon and most people spell it wrong and wonder what it means. I was named after the singer, Taj Mahal. Both my parents loved and appreciated Taj’s work and melodies, and had his albums on vinyl.
- 7. During my time in Australia shooting Young Rock, my cast-mates Bradley Constant (Dewey), and Lexi Duncan (Karen) and I all watched Harry Potter together. We ended up finishing the last movie on all of our final night in Australia, and the end to the franchise became the end of our work.
- 8. When I was 10 years old, I started acting in musical theater. The theater group performed spin oﬀs of Disney movies and I got to play King Trident from The Little Mermaid. Believe or not, this is what got me interested in acting.
- 9. My go-to comfort-binge TV show is That 70’s Show. Before the series got taken oﬀ from Netflix, I watched all 8 seasons of it four times, back-to-back until it was removed. I think if it hadn’t been removed, I would have been stuck in a never-ending loop of the show.
- 10. My first and only celebrity sighting was at a diner when I was seven years old, where my sister and I spotted Tom Hanks across the room. With much preparation and planning, we approached him and asked if he could do his Woody impression and he responded with “I AM doing my Woody impression.” So, feeling triumphant, we returned back to our table victorious. Now I look back and find it funny that the multi-award winning actor was solely a stuﬀed cowboy in my eyes.
Source: Read Full Article