Kate Middleton off the guest list for Diana statue unveiling amid new plans

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Kate Middleton has been missed off of the guest list for the unveiling of Princess Diana's statue next week.

The Duchess of Cambridge was expected to attend the event, held in Kensington Palace's Sunken Gardens on Thursday 1 July, which could have been Diana's 60th birthday.

Kate, 39, had reportedly planned on helping feuding brothers Prince William and Prince Harry put their differences aside during the event. But, not it's been reported that the Duchess will not be in attendance.

Mum-of-three Kate was a confirmed guest earlier this week but new reported plans, which include banning the media and scaled-back guest list, were amended on Friday 25 June.

It's understood brothers William, 38, and 36 year old Harry will attend the event alongside Diana's close family, the statue committee, the sculptor Ian Rank-Broadley and garden designer Pip Morrison.

A royal source told The Mirror: “This is a small event and a very personal moment for the family.

“Plans have been scaled back due to the current COVID-19 restrictions and media arrangements reflect both the size and tone of the event.”


A Kensington Palace spokesperson told the publication: "Prince William and Prince Harry will attend a small event to mark the unveiling of a statue they commissioned of their mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, in the Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace on Thursday 1st July.

"In addition to close family of Diana, Princess of Wales, members of the statue committee, the sculptor Ian Rank-Broadley, and garden designer, Pip Morrison, will also be present."

OK! has contacted representatives for the Royal Family for comment.

Prince Harry, who landed in the UK ahead of the statue unveiling on Friday, is said to have insisted he would only take part in the unveiling if there was one agency reporter, one photographer and one cameraman present.

The Duke of Sussex's team, according to Mail Online, are said to have "kicked off" when it was revealed Kensington Palace had planned to invite a wide representation of UK media to the event.

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

Harry's wife Meghan Markle has remained in the US alongside their son Archie and newborn daughter Lilibet, who the couple welcomed earlier this week.

The Duke of Sussex's visit to the UK is said to be a "fleeting" one and he reportedly won't be sticking around to catchup with his family.

A source told US Weekly that "it'll be a fleeting visit," adding: "He’ll be in and out".

They continued: "While the brothers are uniting for the unveiling, sadly, they won’t get to spend much time together."

Source: Read Full Article