Prince Philip ‘thought Harry and Meghan Markle’s Oprah interview was madness’, says royal expert
Want the most up-to-date celebrity exclusives sent straight to your inbox every day? Sign up now and join the club!
Prince Philip reportedly thought Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey was "madness".
The Duke of Edinburgh, who sadly died on Friday 9 April at the age of 99, is said to have thought that "no good would come of" the 36 year old royal and his 39 year old pregnant wife's chat, which aired on 8 March.
“I know from someone close to him that he thought Meghan and Harry's interview with Oprah Winfrey was 'madness' and 'no good would come of it'," royal biographer Gyles Brandreth told the Daily Mail.
Gyles continued: “I was not surprised because that is exactly how he described to me the personal TV interviews given by Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales, back in the 1990s.”
Prince Philip 'advised Prince Charles on how to take care of The Queen' before his death
Princess Anne pays touching tribute to her 'teacher, supporter and critic' father Prince Phillip following sad death
Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.
The royal expert also claimed that Prince Philip disagreed with his grandson's decision to move to Los Angeles and quit the Royal Family as it was "not the right thing, either for the country or for themselves."
However, he later came to accept their choices and reportedly said: "It's his life."
It comes as Prince Harry recently arrived back in the UK ahead of Prince Philip's funeral this weekend.
Sign up for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews
Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the gossip straight to your phone
The Sun claims that the Duke of Sussex "jetted back from LA alone" as he prepares to meet his family for the first time since his bombshell interview last month.
Meghan has been unable to join her husband as he travelled across the pond due to her being pregnant with the couple's second child, and is expected to give birth in the coming weeks.
It is believed that Harry has followed coronavirus restriction rules during his trip, and will now self-isolate for five days before attending the funeral alongside his family on 17 April.
Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!
Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…
Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!
Sign up here
Harry is expected to stand "shoulder to shoulder" with his brother Prince William and walk together behind the coffin of their late grandfather.
Whilst Prince Philip's service will be broadcast live, The Queen has approved his wishes to not have a state funeral, instead opting for a royal ceremonial funeral.
Prince Philip's coffin will be transported to St George's Chapel in a Land Rover which was designed with his help.
Prince Philip 1921-2021
The Queen has been left with a 'huge void' in her life after the death of husband Prince Philip
Members of the Royal Marines and air stations close to the Prince will be selected as pall bearers, with the coffin emerging from the state entrance of Windsor Castle at 2:40pm.
Those in the quadrangle will then be able to pay their respects, whilst members of the public are being asked to stay away due to the ongoing coronavirus restrictions.
Source: Read Full Article