The Chicks Reveal ‘Gaslighter’ Tracklist
The Chicks have revealed the full tracklisting for their upcoming new album, Gaslighter, which is due out on July 17.
The album is the trio’s first since the release of Taking the Long Way in 2006.
Most of the twelve songs on the forthcoming album have been co-written by the Chicks, along with co-producer Jack Antonoff, Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter and a few others.
The trio of Natalie Maines, Emily Strayer and Martie Maguire, previously known as Dixie Chicks, already released three of the new tracks, namely “Gaslighter,” “Julianna Calm Down” and “March March,” a song highlighting sociopolitical protest.
The last named song was shared on June 25 after they dropped the “Dixie” from their name, responding to the racial protests following the recent killings of George Floyd and other unarmed Black men and women by the police.
“Sleep at Night,” “For Her,” “My Best Friend’s Weddings” and “Tights on My Boat” are among the other songs on the Gaslighter album.
The Chicks also tweeted that they would be sharing lyrics from individual songs soon and advised fans “to stay tuned.”
The Chicks’ Gaslighter Tracklisting:
1. “Gaslighter” (Natalie Maines, Emily Strayer, Martie Maguire, Jack Antonoff)
2. “Sleep at Night” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Teddy Geiger, Tranter)
3. “Texas Man” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff, Julia Michaels, Tranter)
4. “Everybody Loves You” (Charlotte Lawrence, Gene Penner, Michael Spargur)
5. “For Her” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Ariel Rechtshaid, Sarah Aarons)
6. “March March” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff, Dan Wilson, Ian Kirkpatrick, Ross Golan)
7. “My Best Friend’s Weddings” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff, Tranter)
8. “Tights On My Boat” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff, Michaels)
9. “Julianna Calm Down” (Maines, Antonoff, Michaels)
10. “Young Man” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff, Annie Clark, Tranter)
11. “Hope It’s Something Good” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff)
12. “Set Me Free” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff, Ben Abraham)
Source: Read Full Article