8am Man Utd news LIVE: Pogba expects to stay, Premier League fixtures REVEALED, Sancho and Havertz transfer LATEST – The Sun

MAN UTD are continuing their preparations for the return of the Premier League, and a likely Friday night clash with Jose Mourinho's Tottenham.

And Paul Pogba now expects to stay at the club with reports that the Red Devils' record signing has significantly upped the intensity in training sessions ready for the restart.

Follow all the very latest news from Old Trafford below…

  • PAUL FACTOR

    Paul Pogba now believes he will stay at Man Utd next summer after coronavirus finance woes torpedoed hopes of a move away, writes SunSport's Martin Blackburn.

    Pogba's Red Devils team-mates have reportedly been blown away by what they have seen from the World Cup winner since their return to training.

    Blackburn adds: “Pogba has been doing ball work for nine days now.

    “His lateral movement is at 100 per cent, while his GPS levels are back to where they were before his latest injury in the new year, according to sources at the training ground.”

    Pogba has been working closely with superstar Bruno Fernandes in training and the rest of the squad are said to have been hugely impressed with what they've seen in the duo's sessions with Nemanja Matic and Angel Gomes.

  • MORNING MAN UTD FANS

    Red Devils target Kai Havertz wants guaranteed game time at his next club in order to consider his next move.

    According to the Manchester Evening News, Bayer Leverkusen would look to sell Havertz in the coming months because of financial difficulties as a knock-on effect of coronavirus.

    Meanwhile, United are said to be “very close” to agreeing a deal with Velez Sarsfield for teen sensation Thiago Almada.

    Spanish news outlet Todo Fichajes claim United are front-runners for the player who had also interested Manchester City.

    In other news, United hope to flog Alexis Sanchez, Chris Smalling and Marcos Rojo to fund a transfer spree with Jadon Sancho their No1 priority, according to reports.

    The Red Devils know it will take a huge bid of around £105million to land the Borussia Dortmund winger this summer, even with the financial impact of coronavirus.

    But according to the Evening Standard, United know they face a tricky task raising the cash from player sales this summer.

    And finally, United are set to offer Brandon Williams a bumper new deal following his breakthrough season.

    The 19-year-old, who has played 12 times in the Premier League, currently pockets £4,000-per-week at Old Trafford.

    But according to The Athletic, Williams is set for a huge pay rise as part of the deal offered by United.

  • NEW PROBLEM

    The Premier League are reportedly “fully considering” calls to pull the plug on Newcastle's £300m takeover.

    Public Investment Fund and dealmaker Amanda Staveley were hoping to complete the deal that would finally see Mike Ashley relinquish control.

    But now, according to The Telegraph, Premier League executive Richard Masters has been contacted by lawyers representing the fiancee of murdered Jamal Khashoggi.

    Hatice Cengiz insists the deal, which would give the PIF an 80 per cent stake in Newcastle, is in breach of the PL’s owners’ and directors’ test.

    Journalist Khashoggi was murdered in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in October 2018.

    Independent investigators claim Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was directly involved — which he denies.

  • VICTOR-IOUS

    Rumoured Man Utd target Victor Osimhen's asking price is lower than originally expected, according to reports.

    After a breakout season for the Nigerian in Ligue 1, Lille have been expected to demand a fee similar to the £72million received by Arsenal for Nicolas Pepe last year.

    But according to Alfonso Pedulla, a potential suitor could now land the 21-year-old for between £49m and £53m.

    Arsenal, Chelsea, Napoli and Spurs are also believed to be interested.

  • SHEA CLASS

  • VIDEO NASTY

    Man Utd duo Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard have leapt to the defence of an autistic boy who was the victim of alleged bullying on a video circulated on Twitter.

    The clip, which has now been taken down, appears to show one boy slapping the victim and then making him kiss his female friend's shoes.

    Others can be heard laughing in the background.

    The black boy is also allegedly racially abused by the two white aggressors before another boy steps in claiming to be his brother.

    The incident took place on playing fields in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.

    Rashford, who appears to know the victim, tweeted out: “This is a lovely young boy with autism. The other 2 in the video, I have no words to describe. The video speaks for itself.

    “I got you my guy, always. I appreciate the love and support you send me constantly. Keep that head of yours high. Love, your friend, MR.”

    Lingard then made contact with someone on Instagram who had shared the details.

  • WATCH AND WERN

    BIG NEWS!

    Chelsea have agreed a £50million deal for RB Leipzig star Timo Werner to deal potential suitors Man Utd a blow.

    The striker looks set to sign a five-year contract after Frank Lampard made it clear he is ready to meet the German's release clause.

    Werner will pocket around £175,000-a-week, making him one of Chelsea’s top earners.

    But there is still the danger of Liverpool making a last-gasp bid.

    Lampard’s men have already signed Hakim Ziyech from Ajax in a £37m deal.

  • REAL TALK

    Gareth Bale's agent says the Real Madrid star does NOT want a Premier League return this summer to deal Man Utd a major blow.

    Jonathan Barnett told BBC Radio 4: “I have no idea what his value is. His salary is quite high and also where he wants to go is very important in his life. I can’t put a figure on it.

    “It’s for the clubs to decide what they want to pay for him.

    “As I’ve always said, he’s quite happy at Madrid. He has a very nice lifestyle, I don’t see why he wouldn’t see his career out in Madrid probably.

    “It’s his life that he wants to lead. Financially he will want enough for the rest of his life and all his children and grandchildren. He’s won nearly everything in the world except the World Cup.

    “To come back and play [in England] would be a big thing but I don’t think he wants to do that at the moment as he’s quite happy to play at Real Madrid.”

  • FULL FIXTURE LIST

  • PREM FIXTURES IN

    Manchester United will kick off their return to Premier League action with a trip to Tottenham on Friday 19 June.

    United will visit the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in an 8pm kick-off live on Sky Sports.

    They will then host Sheffield United on Wednesday 24 June at 6pm, also live on Sky Sports.

    The following weekend on Saturday 27 June they will play Norwich in the FA Cup quarter-final, live on BBC.

    Before a trip to Brighton on Tuesday 30 June, kicking off at 6pm live on Sky Sports.

  • IT'S TOTT IDEAL

    Daniel Levy has called for talks to find a way to get fans back into stadiums after Tottenham were forced to take a £175million loan from the Bank of England to deal with the crisis caused by Covid-19.

    Tottenham Hotspur Stadium limited has taken the finance available through the government’s CCFF Scheme to help the club through the financial turmoil caused by the global pandemic.

    But with social distancing measures likely to remain in place for months to come, the Spurs chairman says it is vital for live events industries to come up with a plan with the government which would ease the cash-crisis caused by playing in empty stadiums.

    Levy said: “We have always run this Club on a self-sustaining commercial basis. I said as early as 18 March that, in all my 20 years at the Club, there have been many hurdles along the way but none of this magnitude – the COVID-19 pandemic has shown itself to be the most serious of them all.

    “It is imperative that we now all work together – scientists, technologists, the Government and the live events sector – to find a safe way to bring spectators back to sport and entertainment venues.

    “Collectively we have the ability to support the development of new technologies to make this possible and to once again experience the passion of fans at live events.”

  • MILIK-ING IT

    Man Utd could secure a cut-price transfer for Arkadiusz Milik after Napoli reportedly dropped their £45million asking price for anyone but Juventus.

    The Polish striker has found the net 12 times in 22 appearances for Gennaro Gattuso's side this term.

    Naples chief Aurelio De Laurentiis is prepared to cash-in on the Pole for an offer below their original £45m asking price.

    Juventus are believed to be interested in acquiring Milik's services but De Laurentiis is unwilling to sell to a Serie A arch rival.

    According to La Repubblica, it is Arsenal that are in pole position to land the 26-year-old this summer, but face a fight from a number of Premier League clubs.

  • DEVIL DELIGHT

    View this post on Instagram

    Getting that goalscoring feeling back 😍 #MUFC #BrunoFernandes #McTominay #Martial

    A post shared byManchester United (@manchesterunited) on

  • INJURY RATES SET TO SOAR

    Players may be at an increased risk of injury as professional sports rush back into action following the coronavirus stoppage, a global union representing 85,000 athletes said on Thursday.

    Some football leagues in particular have condensed a large number of fixtures into a short space of time in an attempt to complete the season.

    “Many players will not have had access to the necessary training methods to ensure that they have the necessary fitness and conditioning to compete,” said the World Players' Association (WPA), whose members play in the NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL, European soccer and Australian Rules football, among others.

    It added: “At the same time, many sports will be eager to make up for lost time and revenue which may result in compressed schedules and elevated demands on playing and training load.”

    WPA executive director Brendan Schwab pointed to a study conducted by Australian sports scientist Joel Mason last month which suggested an increased injury rate in the Bundesliga since Germany's professional soccer league restarted on May 16.

    According to the study, a pre-stoppage rate of 0.27 injuries per match this season climbed to 0.88 in the first round of matches following the restart.

  • 'ADA BOY

    Manchester United are “very close” to agreeing a deal with Velez Sarsfield for teen sensation Thiago Almada, according to reports.

    Spanish language site Todo Fichajes claim United are front-runners for the player who had also interested Manchester City.

    There were reports the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was looking at the winger as an alternative to Jadon Sancho.

    But if these reports are to be believed, the transfer could be further down the line than at first glance.

  • STANDING UP TO BULLIES

    Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard are being hailed for standing up for a kid with autism who was racially abused in public.

    Rashford tweeted about young footballer Kieran who was seen as the victim of an alleged vile racist rant with a white man in Huddersfield.

    The United and England striker tweeted: “This is Kieran, a lovely young boy with autism. The other 2 in the video, I have no words to describe.

    “The video speaks for itself. Kieran, I got you my guy, always.

    “I appreciate the love and support you send me constantly. Keep that head of yours high. Love, your friend, MR”

  • DILLY DALLY

    Top flight clubs avoided a vote – but effectively kicked the can down the road – if a second wave of coronavirus kicks in, reports MARTIN LIPTON.

    While there remains a split over what should happen if the season is “curtailed” by a second outbreak of Covid-19, the clubs opted to avoid a spat.

    And rather than pit the divisive issue to a vote, the teams took a position that it was not necessary to fight over a situation that may never actually arise.

    An agreement was reached that the debate will only be reopened if the season is forced into stopping for a second time.

    That avoided the faultlines between the clubs being further exposed.

    If the season cannot be finished, a points-per-game option is available, but clubs facing relegation are not keen on it.

  • PREM'S HIGH FIVE

    Premier League clubs have again put off a decision on what to do if the restarted League cannot be completed, reports MARTIN LIPTON.

    In a surprise move, the clubs agreed that the issue will not discussed UNLESS it becomes necessary because of a second shut-down.

    But the clubs did vote to approve a vote urged by Chelsea which means managers will be able to make five substitutions for the rest of the season.

    And there was also approval for another Chelsea proposal for teams to put nine players on the bench for the final part of the campaign.

    The latest meeting of the 20 Shareholder clubs lasted just under three hours.

  • KIDS ARE ALRIGHT

    Andreas Periera shared a picture at home with his baby, while wearing compression shorts.

    The Brazilian, 24, may see his gametime at United limited though, after the signing of Bruno Fernandes.

    View this post on Instagram

    Recuperando de boa com minha neném 🥰

    A post shared byAndreas Pereira (@andreaspereira) on

  • HAIRLINE ON THE WAYNE

    Wayne Rooney is back in training for Derby – sporting an impressive bushy beard and a thinning hairline.

    This is despite spending thousands on hair transplants over the years.

    The former Manchester United and England striker was put through his paces ahead of the Championship season resuming after the coronavirus suspension.

    But lockdown didn't look like it had done much for his thinning scalp.

    SunSport previously reported how the 34-year-old has spent as much as £30,000 on hair transplants.

    He has also been accused of using a spray-on hair thickener during match games to cover up.

  • HAVE A LOOK IN

    Kai Havertz wants guaranteed game time at his next club in order to consider his next move, according to reports.

    The German attacking midfielder/forward, 20, has been linked with a series of big moves this summer.

    And according to the MEN, Bayer Leverkusen would look to sell Havertz in the coming months because of financial difficulties as a knock-on effect of coronavirus.

    United’s top transfer priority remains landing Jadon Sancho, while Jack Grealish is also a realistic option in midfield.

    It remains to be seen whether United would have the funds to afford all three transfers though, with Chris Smalling earmarked to a permanent move to Roma for £25million.

  • JESSE'S NEW DO

    Midfielder Jesse Lingard has been showing off his new locks as United players continue training.

    View this post on Instagram

    🤘🏾😁 #GetDisWork

    A post shared byJLingz👑 (@jesselingard) on

  • SERGE IN INTEREST

    United remain favourites to sign Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, thanks to their title challenge in Italy.

    That’s even though the club appear not to need him.

    Here are Betfair's odds on potential clubs:

    • 11-4- Man Utd
    • 10-3- Real Madrid
    • 4-1- Chelsea
    • 6-1- Tottenham
    • 15-2- Paris Saint-Germain
    • 9-1- Juventus

    TRIPLE EXIT

    United hope to flog Alexis Sanchez, Chris Smalling and Marcos Rojo to fund a transfer spree with Jadon Sancho their No1 priority, according to reports.

    The Red Devils know it will take a huge bid of around £105million to land the Borussia Dortmund winger this summer, even with the financial impact of coronavirus.

    But according to the Evening Standard, United know they face a tricky task raising the cash from player sales this summer.

    All three players are out on loan this season, with Sanchez heading to Inter Milan.

    But his massive £505,000-a-week wages mean it will be very difficult to find a club willing to pay out a significant transfer fee as well as come close to paying his salary – especially considering Sanchez turns 32 this year and has scored just three league goals since signing for United in January 2018.

    Smalling, meanwhile, has enjoyed a fine season with Roma this term, racking up 28 appearances and winning over plenty of fans in Italy and the club hope for a £25m sale.

    HE'S ON BRAND

    United are set to offer Brandon Williams a bumper new deal following his breakthrough season.

    The 19-year-old, who has played 12 times in the Premier League, currently pockets £4,000-per-week at Old Trafford.

    But according to The Athletic, Williams is set for a huge payrise as part of the deal offered by United.

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side are keen for his new contract to reflect his importance within the first-team.

    Williams could see his wages multiply significantly to put him on par with some of his team-mates at Old Trafford.

    In comparison, fellow left-back Luke Shaw rakes in £190,000-per-week and Diogo Dalot takes home £50,000.

    Source: Read Full Article