Aldi is bringing back its huge baby event and prices start from 99p
ALDI is bringing back its popular baby and toddler event this weekend, with prices starting from just 99p.
The first of two Specialbuy ranges will be available to pre-order online from tomorrow, January 10, and buy in stores from Thursday, January 14.
Aldi will then start taking pre-orders for a second batch of baby goods online from Thursday, January 14, before they hit stores on Sunday, January 18.
We’ve got a full list of what’s available in both events in the box before.
As well as including products from the supermarket’s own Mamia range, it’ll also feature brands like Peppa Pig.
The cheapest price starts from 99p for Paw Patrol and Trolls snacks, going up to £129.99 for a nursery cot bed.
Aldi baby and toddler events January 2021
ALDI is splitting its baby and toddler event into two parts. Here’s what’s available:
Pre-order online from 10th January and in store from 14th January:
- Double Electric Breast Pump – £89.99 (online only)
- Nursery Cot Mattress – £34.99 (online only)
- Moses Basket With Stand – £29.99
- Manual Breast Pump – £24.99
- Izmi Essential Baby Wrap – £24.99
- Baby Trainer Toilet – £19.99 (online only)
- Family Toilet Seat – £14.99
- In Ear Thermometer – £12.99
- Toddler Weaning Kit – £9.99
- 2-in-1 Essentials Steriliser – £9.99
- Tt Bath & Room Thermometer / Healthcare Kit – £9.99
- Mini Bath Support – £9.99
- Simplee Sangenic /nappy Bin – £9.99
- Miosolo All In One Nappy Jan 2021 – £8.99
- Sambucol Baby Drops – £7.99
- Feeding Bottles 4-pk – £7.99
- Cellular Large/ 2pk Small Blanket – £5.99
- New Mum Pamper Pack – £5.49
- Baby Wipes 12 X 64 Pack Multipack Sensitive – £5.39
- Calpol Plug In & Refills – £4.99
- Nappies Jumbo Size 3 98pk – £4.29
- Nappies Jumbo Size 5 72pk – £4.29
- Nappies Jumbo Size 4+ 78pk – £4.29
- Children's Cutlery Set – £3.99
- Rattles/comforters – £3.99
- Disney Toilet Seat/ Potty/ Step Stool – £3.99
- Teethers – £3.99
- Bath Toys – £3.99
- Haliborange Baby Liquid – £3.29
- Benylin Kids Cough Syrup – £3.29
- That's Not My… Books – £2.99
- Nurofen For Baby – £2.99
- Dribble Bibs 3 Pack – £2.99
- Air Soother – £2.99
- Baby Cloth Book – £2.99
- Bonjela Soothing Teething Gel – £2.99
- Nappies Size 6+ 26pk – £2.59
- Nappies Size 5 40pk – £2.59
- Green And Pink Burst – £2.29
- Newborn Nappies Size 1 70 Pack – £2.29
- Red And Purple Burst – £2.29
- Bear Paws – £1.97
- Kiddylicious Biscotti/straws – £1.75
- Crazy Kids Foam Soap (A+b) – £1.59
- Mamia Nappy Sacks Special – £1.49
- Farley's Rusks Original/low Sugar – £1.49
- Baby Wipes Sensitive Travel Pack 4 X 24pk – £1.49
- Peppa Pig Foam Soap – £1.49
- Liquid Talc – £1.19
- Paw Patrol/trolls Snacks – 99p
- Picture Flats – 99p
Pre-order online from 14th February and in-stores from 18th February:
- Nursery Cot Bed – £129.99 (online only)
- Nursery Wardrobe – £119.99 (online only)
- Nursery Changing Unit – £99.99 (online only)
- Bedside Crib – £79.99
- Baby Snuggle Nest – £29.99
- Footmuff – £12.99
- Baby Highchair – £12.99
- Baby Sleep Bag 2.5 Tog – £9.99
- Bamboo Muslin Cloths 8 Pack – £8.99
- Baby-sleepsuit, Pack Of Three – £6.99
- Food Flask – £5.99
- Three-piece Character Breakfast Set – £4.99
- Baby Changing Mat – £3.99
- Baby-bodysuit, Pack Of Three – £3.99
- Baby Hooded Towel With Wash Mit – £3.99
- Soothers – £1.99
- Behaviour Board Books – £1.99
If you’re ordering online, you’ll need to factor in the £2.95 delivery charge if your order is worth less than £20.
Orders over this amount qualify for free delivery. Or for large items, the delivery charge increases to £6.95.
And if you’re planning on shopping in stores, you should keep in mind that customers are being told to only visit supermarkets for essential goods.
You can find your nearest Aldi by using its store locator tool.
Before parting ways with any cash, you'll want to compare prices to make sure you can’t find something cheaper elsewhere.
Here are our top picks from the Aldi baby and toddler events:
Baby high chair – £12.99
For parents-to-be, a baby high chair is an essential purchase – and this one only costs £12.99 from Aldi.
It comes complete with a food tray and can be used in two positions.
The cheapest from rival Argos costs £17.50 with free click and collect.
Moses basket – £29.99
If you're in need of a moses basket, you can pick up this one in the first baby and toddler event.
The wicker basket comes with a cute stand and can be adjusted in height.
Elsewhere, you'll pay £24 for just a basket from Asda, meaning you'll need to fork out extra for a stand.
How to compare prices to get the best deal
JUST because something is on offer, or is part of a sale, it doesn’t mean it’s always a good deal.
There are plenty of comparison websites out there that'll check prices for you – so don't be left paying more than you have to.
Most of them work by comparing the prices across hundreds of retailers.
Here are some that we recommend:
- Google Shopping is a tool that lets users search for and compare prices for products across the web. Simply type in keywords, or a product number, to bring up search results.
- Price Spy logs the history of how much something costs from over 3,000 different retailers, including Argos, Amazon, eBay and the supermarkets. Once you select an individual product you can quickly compare which stores have the best price and which have it in stock.
- Idealo is another website that lets you compare prices between retailers. All shoppers need to do is search for the item they need and the website will rank them from the cheapest to the most expensive one.
- CamelCamelCamel only works on goods being sold on Amazon. To use it, type in the URL of the product you want to check the price of.
Snuggle nest – £29.99
A warm and cosy sleeping space for smaller babies, snuggle nests help provide comfort while parents are nearby.
Choose from colours including brilliant white, soft grey or a hint of mint.
However, if you miss out on this one from Aldi then you can buy a similar snuggle nest for £27.95 plus £2.95 from Online4Baby.com.
Nursery wardrobe – £119.99
Keep your baby clothes tidy and put away thanks to this sweet wardrobe.
According to Aldi, it has plenty of hanging and drawer space for little clothing.
We couldn't find a cheaper baby wardrobe, with Wayfair charging £127.99 with free delivery for its simplest design.
Paw Patrol snacks – 99p
Aldi is stocking Paw Patrol baked pea snacks from just 99p, with flavours including pizza and cheese.
The supermarket says it'll also have Trolls snacks available too.
However, Aldi is matched in price by Asda which sell the same packs for £1.
Aldi isn't the only retailer to launch a baby sale. Asda has discounts on baby items including Tommee Tippee.
Tesco has also launched a huge new year baby sale with up to 50% off brands including Tommee Tippee and Pampers.
For a full guide, we've rounded up the best baby sales of 2021 so far.
Source: Read Full Article