Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury could pocket £55MILLION each as Brits agree 50/50 split for mega-fight – The Sun
TYSON FURY and Anthony Joshua have agreed to a 50/50 split of the purse for their first fight next year – with the winner to take home 60 per cent in the rematch.
The Gypsy King's American promoter Bob Arum revealed the splits after the potential all-British heavyweight unification fight was announced on Wednesday.
Eddie Hearn had earlier revealed the pair would take part in TWO fights in 2021 – with Frank Warren confirming talks were ongoing.
Warren also revealed the pair were set for their biggest pay-days yet at around £55m apiece for the first fight and DOUBLE that in the second.
The promoter claimed: "[Fury and Joshua] could get between £47m to £55m each from one fight against each other… double that if there's a rematch, in one year."
Arum also been confirmed each fighter will have to earn the right to pocket a bigger share of the fight purse in the rematch.
He told ESPN: “If they get by those fights, we would do two fights next year, 50-50, and 60-40 to the winner.
"That's as far as we've gone, that's as far as we're at."
Joshua, 30, is first set to fight Kubrat Pulev, with 31-year-old Fury taking on Deontay Wilder in the third fight of their trilogy.
But, should the pair both win, they will finally go toe-to-toe in the ring to be crowned undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.
Neither fight will be in the UK, with Fury not having a British boxing licence – leaving Saudi Arabia and Las Vegas as the most-likely hosts.
No broadcast deal is yet in place, with DAZN owning AJ's US fights and ESPN having Fury.
They would have to agree to share coverage of the fights – as would BT Sport and Sky Sports in the UK.
The showdown itself is set to become the fifth-richest in boxing history at £150m – and the most lucrative clash to NOT involve Floyd Mayweather Jr.
After Hearn announced the huge news, Warren replied by not only confirming talks were progressing smoothly, but also reaffirmed the 50/50 split news.
In a statement on social media, Warren wrote: "We can confirm negotiations have taken place between Eddie Hearn and Tyson's adviser Daniel Kinahan.
"We are committed to working with all parties to get this fight over the line.
"At this point we can confirm no contracts have been signed between any of the concerned parties, nor have any specifics been agreed regarding venues, dates and numerous other key terms.
"Both sides do accept the any prospective fight will demand a 50/50 split and both sides accept there will be a rematch.
"Things are going in the right direction and we couldn't be more happy that a potential mega fight is in reach."
Earlier, Fury had tweeted his joy at the news, saying: "It’s official FURY VS JOSUAR AGREED FOR NEXT YEAR.
"I got to smash @bronzebomber first then I’ll annihilate @anthonyfjoshua".
Minutes earlier, Hearn had told Sky Sports News: "We're making great progress. There is still a lot to overcome. We are looking at venues and dates.
"It's fair to say [Joshua and Fury] are in agreement regarding the financial terms of the fight."
Meanwhile, 70 per cent of SunSport readers are backing Fury to beat Joshua, with less than a third believing in the Watford star.
Source: Read Full Article