Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury on course to agree TWO mega fights in Middle East and London next year worth £500MILLION
ANTHONY JOSHUA and Tyson Fury are on course to agree TWO mega fights worth £500MILLION.
After AJ blew away Kubrat Pulev, his promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed a venue and TV deals are next on the agenda for the Battle of Britain.
Fury’s promoter Bob Arum said he will discuss plans with Hearn on Monday morning — starting with a £200m showdown in the Middle East.
A potential rematch would be preferred in the UK, in front of 90,000 at Wembley.
WBA, IBF and WBO king AJ refused to call the Gypsy King directly out for their planned 2021 clash after stopping Pulev in the ninth at Wembley Arena.
WBC champ Fury then said his rival “s*** himself on live TV”.
AJ replied yesterday: “That’s good to hear. At least I can get him in the ring. “That’s what we want, right?”
Matchroom boss Hearn insists Joshua is just tired of the theatrics.
Hearn said: “We are all in for that fight and actually what we should be doing is finalising it.
“The only thing that needs to be resolved is where it is going to be and a couple of TV issues. That is it. Everyone is completely in on the finances.
“We sign an agreement and then go to a conversation about the various sites.
“That’s what they did for Fury vs Deontay Wilder — signed the fight, then went to see where they could get the money.
“We need to write to the governing bodies and say, yes, we have a deal and we will confirm dates shortly for what I suppose will be the end of May.”
Hearn confirmed last week Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi and Qatar are the leading contenders to take the first fight.
As a packed Wembley Stadium is unlikely to happen so soon after the pandemic, a £100m site fee is attractive.
And the two-hour difference should help them smash all UK pay-per-view records, with Hearn targeting around 2.2m buys at around £29.95 a pop.
But it is those lucky TV companies — AJ’s backers DAZN/SkySports and Fury’s ESPN/BTSport — who now have to decide if they can work together.
Arum, who promotes Fury in the US, tweeted: “It looks like the stage is set for the biggest heavyweight championship fight since Ali-Frazier in 1971.
“We will start on Monday working to put that fight together.”
AJ and Fury are set to split the first fight 50/50 — with the winner taking 60 per cent from a rematch.
Source: Read Full Article