Best Black Friday deals 2022: What to expect this year | The Sun
BLACK Friday is now just a couple of months away, and if you're on the hunt for a deal, you've come to the right place.
We'll have all the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals and discounts – and you can read on for some early-bird offers.
Black Friday has been going strong in the UK for over a decade now, and represents the absolute high point in the sales calendar.
Positioned slap-bang in the middle of the festive period, Black Friday isn't just a prime opportunity to searching for Christmas gifts – given the sheer variety of products on sale, it's the perfect time to go searching for appliances, tech, home and garden, beauty, fashion and much more.
That's the problem with Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals: with so many offers to choose from, it's easy to get overwhelmed while you're browsing online.
Luckily, that's why we do all the hard work searching and scrolling – in this article, we'll feature only the very finest discounts we find in the Black Friday 2022 sales.
Black Friday 2022 deals: the best early live deals
Best home deals
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer, £99.99 (saving £80) – buy from Amazon
- Nespresso by Magimix Vertuo Next & Milk 11710 Pod Coffee Machine, £169 (save £31) – buy from AO
- Ring Doorbell and Echo Dot bundle at Amazon, £34.99 (save £54.99) – buy from Amazon
- Roku Express HD Streaming Media Player, £19.99 (save £9.99) – buy from Amazon
- LG 48-inch C14LB OLED 4K TV, £999 (lowest price ever – buy from Argos
- LG 65-inch 65C14LB OLED 4K TV, £1,599 (save £200) – buy from AO
- Nintendo Switch Neon Console with Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury & Animal Crossing, £289.97 (save £50) – buy here
- Garmin Forerunner 245 Music GPS Running Smart Watch, £199 (save £70) – buy here
- JVC 39" LT-39C3210 Smart HD LED TV, £339 (save £100.99) at Currys – buy here
- Lookfantastic Black Friday beauty box, £21 (save £14) – buy from Lookfantastic
- Gucci Rush Eau de Toilette £32 (save £36) – buy from The Fragrance Shop
- Motorola MBP24 Audio Baby Monitor at Amazon, £42.47 (save £2.52) – buy from Amazon
- Tommee Tippee Anti Colic Complete Feeding Kit, £95 (save £94.99) – buy from Mamas & Papas
- My First Playmat & Gym, £49, (save £40) – buy from Mamas & Papas
- Dead Man's Fingers Spiced Rum 70cl, £18 (save £4) – buy from Amazon
- Jumbo Toblerone 4,5kg, £49.99 (save £24) – buy from Amazon
- Talisker 10 Year OId Single Malt Scoth Whisky, £41 (save £3) – buy from Amazon
While the early bird savings are enticing, we always advise you to shop around to ensure you really are getting the best possible price.
Shoppers can use online price comparison sites such as CamelCamelCamel and Price Spy to monitor fluctuations and drops as the big day draws closer.
More Amazing Black Friday Deals
- Best Black Friday deals
- Selfridges Black Friday deals
- Amazon Black Friday deals
- Currys Black Friday deals
- John Lewis Black Friday deals
- Argos Black Friday deals
- Very Black Friday deal
What date is Black Friday 2022 in the UK?
This year, Black Friday falls on November 25 – as ever, that's the day directly after American Thanksgiving.
Not that we'll be carving the turkey here in the UK: Black Friday is simply a tradition that started in the U.S. back in the 1960s before migrating over the UK around a decade ago.
Each year Black Friday only grows bigger and badder, and is now a truly global sale period with thousands of participating brands and retailers.
It's a clear rival to the popular (but arguably dwindling) UK Boxing Day sales period after Christmas, and dwarfs Amazon’s annual Prime Day sale, which takes place earlier in the year and is only available to Prime subscribers.
When is Cyber Monday 2022?
Cyber Monday always falls directly after the weekend that follows Black Friday – so in 2022, that's Monday 28 November.
It has the (slightly antiquated) name as traditionally, it was a day of online-deals, with nearly all Black Friday offers available exclusively in-store.
However, in these times it's rare you'll find any deals only available in shops, so in reality, Cyber Monday is an excuse for retailers to roll out a final wave of deals, or to drop prices further on remaining stock.
We'll continue to update this page with the best Cyber Monday deals we find, should anything exciting appear online.
When do Black Friday 2022 deals start?
Not on Black Friday itself, that's for sure.
Traditionally Black Friday sales began at midnight, but over the last few years many retailers have chosen to begin their sales even earlier.
In fact, it's likely we'll see some noteworthy offers start to appear as early as the beginning of November (indeed, some phone retailers roll out 'Why Wait?'-themed sales in October).
However, the best is generally saved for last, with the finest offers usually not being launched until the week of Black Friday itself – so keep your eyes peel from about Monday 21 November onwards.
more black friday deals
Black Friday Oculus Quest 2 Deals 2022: What to expect this year
Burberry Black Friday deals 2022: Save 60% right now
Black Friday Farfetch Deals 2022: 50% off sale live NOW
Amazon is offering 2 months of Kindle Unlimited for £7.99 in this deal
How long does Black Friday last?
Don't think for a second that Black Friday is a day-long sale, or indeed even a days-long sale.
In reality, Black Friday 2022 will likely span the entire month of November, so don't put off your deal-hunting until the big day itself.
This is a hugely competitive time for retailers, so each year they kick off their sales earlier and earlier in an effort to outdo each other.
In previous years Boots, Amazon and John Lewis, along with a number of other major retailers, launched their deals a fortnight earlier than the official date.
Our guess for 2022 is that we'll start to see some so-so offers on older products appear in the first week of November, and then throughout the month the price drops will intensify and grow in quality.
As a general rule, the very best price drops are held back until the week of Black Friday, and if you see a great deal during that period, don't assume it will be improved upon when the Friday itself lands.
Internet shopping has boomed in the last few years, especially during the Covid pandemic when it was the only viable option.
Regardless of whether you plan to head to your favourite shops or sit on your sofa online and shop, it's best to stay up to date with all the latest deals from key retailers by following this guide.
You can also sign up to retailer newsletters and follow key stores on social media to get important announcements and sale previews.
When do Black Friday sales end?
Most Black Friday sales will come to end on Cyber Monday, which in 2022 falls on 28 November.
Cyber Monday is traditionally an online only sale for retailers to slash prices ahead of the festive season.
Originally just a marketing ploy, the event has now become a final opportunity to pick up savings on coveted items without the Black Friday chaos previously witnessed in stores during Black Fridays of yesteryear.
You can swot up on everything you need to know about Cyber Monday, including where to find the best deals in our guide.
What's the history of Black Friday?
The term Black Friday, regrettably, has some pretty unsavoury origins.
The term "Black Friday" was first used by Philadelphia police in America, back in the 1950s, to describe heavy traffic on the day after Thanksgiving as people began their Christmas shopping.
The name caught on and sparked a tradition in retail.
It became a big deal in the UK when Amazon introduced Black Friday as a sales day in 2010. Other retailers, like Asda, soon got in on the action.
And, as online shopping became increasingly popular, Black Friday was joined by Cyber Monday, extending the sales period and introducing great digital-only savings for shoppers.
What are the best Black Friday deals 2022?
Black Friday has become synonymous with tech savings, and shoppers can expect deals on popular brands like Apple, Samsung, Fitbit and more during the sale.
You can also expect incredible savings on other categories such as baby, beauty and fashion too.
Shoppers can maximise savings during Black Friday by using the Sun Vouchers website to check for extra discounts at top retailers.
It's also worth checking cashback sites like TopCashback, which offer money back on any purchases you make at thousands of retailers when you use their site.
Right now TopCashback is offering a special £15 Black Friday bonus for all new members (it's free to join).
The bonus can be used when making online purchases via the platform at hundreds of retailers.
What retailers are set to take part in Black Friday 2022?
While no retailers have dropped any official info about their Black Friday sales yet, we can take an educated guess as to those taking part this year.
Here's a run-down of brands and stores that have offered some of the best Black Friday deals in the past:
- Aldi – The cheap-as-chips supermarket isn't just known for its food and drinks, but also its hugely popular Specialbuys range that includes DIY tools, homeware products and toys. Read our Aldi Black Friday guide here.
- Amazon – An online retail giant, Amazon sells anything and everything you could possibly need from electronics to furniture to sex toys to dishwasher tablets. Unsurprisingly, it's a major player during Black Friday. Read our Amazon Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Ann Summers – Ann Summers is the place to head to if you want to pick up sexy lingerie or sex toys (no need to tell your partner you bought them cheap). Read our Ann Summers Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Argos – High-street stalwart Argos sells everything you could possibly want for your home. Read our Argos Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- ASOS – The online fashion site caters all your fashion and beauty needs, selling ASOS own-brand ranges alongside popular high street and premium brands, and regularly offers some stellar price drops. Read our ASOS Black Friday guide here.
- Boots – Popular high street chain Boots is a great place to find top beauty and personal health items. Read our Boots Black Friday guide here.
- B&Q – home and garden bargains can be found at the DIY store and last year there was even a discount on inflatable hot tubs. Read our B&Q Black Friday guide here.
- Currys – Electronics giant Currys takes part in Black Friday every year and is bound to slashed thousands of prices. Read our Currys Black Friday guide here.
- Cult Beauty – The Beauty Brand carries high end brands, such as make up brand Charlotte Tilbury, to low-cost skincare companies, like The Ordinary. Read our Cult Beauty guide here.
- Debenhams – Pick up everything from clothing and accessories to homewares from the popular department store. Read our Debenhams Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- eBay – Online auction website eBay is bound to have thousands of deals on offer, so make sure you check them out too. Read our eBay Black Friday guide here.
- The Entertainer – One for the kids for sure, The Entertainer is jam-packed with top toys for little ones of all ages. Read our The Entertainer Black Friday guide here.
- Game – Gamers are bound to log on to Game's website during the discount day to see what deals they can get on new consoles and the latest action-packed game. Read our GAME Black Friday guide here.
- House of Fraser – There's likely to be savings across departments including fashion, beauty, electricals and furnishings. Read our House of Fraser Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- JD Sports – Sportswear fans can pick up everything from gym gear and football kits to trainers and accessories. Read our JD Sports Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- John Lewis – This high street favourite usually has discounts across departments. Read our John Lewis Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Lookfantastic – Bag a beauty bargain from this popular online retailer. Read our Lookfantastic Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Marks & Spencer – M&S usually offer deals across a range of categories including fashion, beauty, home and furniture. Read our M&S Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Morrisons – The supermarket often has big Black Friday discounts. Read our Morrisons Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Selfridges – The posh department store is where to keep an eye out for designer bargains. Read our Selfridges Black Friday 2021 guide here.
Is Black Friday the best time to buy?
Black Friday is a great time to purchase a wide range of items, across all categories.
But to really understand whether you are getting a good deal we advise shoppers to check price comparison sites to find the lowest price a product has been recently marked down to.
If you see a deal during Black Friday that's cheaper than the guide price listed on the comparison website, you can be fairly confident you're getting a good saving.
Read our guide to find out the key differences between Black Friday and Cyber Monday and which day is best for discounts.
Is Black Friday cheaper than Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day is just limited to the online retailer, while Black Friday offers competitive deals from numerous shops and sites. And the former is strictly limited to Prime customers.
However, there are big savings to be had on Prime Day, particularly on the company's own lines of products – such as Echo Dot, Kindle and Fire Stick. Prime Day generally edges out Black Friday on tech deals overall.
But Black Friday is generally top for a range of other items, including homeware. It's also better positioned for you to take advantage of big savings when it comes to Christmas shopping.
Most read in Money
House prices 'could fall by 15%' as rates crisis drives up mortgage costs
BoE takes drastic step in bid to stabilise economy and avoid mortgage meltdown
Toys R Us website FINALLY returns to UK just weeks before Christmas
Wetherspoons to sell 32 pubs as it faces £30m losses – is your local for sale?
Are Black Friday deals real?
Absolutely! Black Friday is now a well-established annual tradition, with all the leading retailers and brands taking part.
However, you should still exercise caution. Always remember that if a deal looks too good to be true, and you're not sure about the source, you should think twice before handing over your money.
We'll recommend all the best bargains on our Black Friday pages, so do have a read for inspiration.
Will Disney+ be on sale for Black Friday?
We're not sure yet if the streaming service will offer any deals, unfortunately.
But you can almost certainly find great free trials and bundle deals on the Disney+ website – so if you've been thinking about subscribing, Black Friday is definitely a good time to do it.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday
Here are some of our top shopping tips for getting the best deals in this year's biggest sales events:
- Do your homework Don't just rush into a purchase on Black Friday itself. Plan ahead of time what you want to buy and how it's currently priced, so that you know where the big savings are.
- Shop around The joy of Black Friday is that all the retailers are competing to offer you the best deal. Make sure you take advantage of that: compare and contrast different items or packages, and find the one that suits you.
- Start early Keep your eyes peeled for bargains in the run-up to Black Friday – the early bird catches the deal. And if you're waiting for the day itself, set your alarm and start shopping first thing so that you beat the competition.
- Don't forget the last-minute deals Alternatively, if you can hold your nerve, you'll find massive savings at the end of Cyber Monday, as retailers offer their final deals. You might find they've saved the best for last.
- Take advice That's what we're here for! If in doubt, follow our guidance for the greatest deals and how best to shop on Black Friday and Cyber Monday – and beyond!
More Top Black Friday Deals
- Electric toothbrush Black Friday deals
- Advent calendar Black Friday deals
- Christmas tree Black Friday deals
- eBay Black Friday
- House of Fraser Black Friday
- Boxt Black Friday
- Tile Black Friday deals
- Nespresso Black Friday
Looking for new kitchen appliances this November? Then you might like our Black Friday coffee machine deals roundup.
We've also found the best early Black Friday sales and deals on fridge freezers, dishwashers and dehumidifiers.
Enjoyed our roundup of the best Black Friday deals 2021 in the UK? Check out everything you need to know about Cyber Monday in our guide here too.
Source: Read Full Article