Dillian Whyte accuses Anthony Joshua of ‘fooling public with fake excuses’ about why their rematch fell through – The Sun
DILLIAN WHYTE accused Anthony Joshua of "fooling the public with fake excuses" about why their rematch fell through.
Joshua was scheduled to defend his unified belts at Wembley Stadium in April 2019, with promoter Eddie Hearn claiming he offered Whyte £4million for the fight.
But Whyte, who had beat Derek Chisora just four months prior, previously said starting negotiations for the rematch in January was unrealistic as it would leave only 12 weeks before fight night.
American Jarrell Miller then became the frontrunner to face Joshua, before having a fight signed for June at New York's Madison Square Garden.
Whyte has now urged WBC champion Tyson Fury to avoid the blame-game situation he had with Joshua and instead agree to fight him.
He told Sky Sports: "Don't just do what Joshua did, saying I refused to fight when we already knew – and had told everyone in December 2018 – that he had arranged to fight Jarrell Miller on June 1 at MSG before his fake negotiations with me.
"I've spent more time haggling over the price of tyres for one of my cars than they spent negotiating with me on the Wembley fight.
"A couple of texts and a five minute meeting. AJ was trying to use me to make it look like he wanted the fight and that he wanted to fight in the UK.
"If he wanted to fight at Wembley why didn't he fight Miller there or Ruiz?
"It's just b*******! I've wanted to fight AJ again for years and they know that.
"He had an immediate rematch with Ruiz, but won't give me a rematch.
"That's why I want the WBC belt so he can't continue to avoid me and fool the public with fake excuses."
Joshua recently told Whyte he will offer him a rematch – but only after he meets Fury in an undisputed title decider.
Despite their feud – which dates back to Whyte beating AJ as an amateur in 2009 – the pair embraced in Saudi Arabia last year.
Joshua went on to reclaim his belts against Andy Ruiz Jr while Whyte beat Mariusz Wach just days after being cleared of all doping charges by the United Kingdom Anti-Doping Agency.
Source: Read Full Article