Dolly Parton lyrics quiz: Can you complete lyrics and name the famous Dolly Parton songs?
Dolly Parton discusses her new festive album
Dolly Parton started out when she was only a child, singing on the radio before starting to perform on bigger stages. Years later, after working on a successful TV show, she broke out and has been delivering gorgeous music ever since. But can you name the song from Dolly Parton and complete the lyrics?
Dolly Parton’s music is often about heartbreak, the joy of young love and the everlasting commitments we make to one another.
She has been married for almost 55 years to her husband Carl Dean, who has stayed out of the limelight throughout her career.
Dolly has spoken of her influences, with Carl acting as inspiration on a few occasions for some of her biggest hits.
But can you name the song and complete the lyrics on these classic tunes?
READ MORE: U2 split: Why did U2 nearly break up?
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
1. Complete the lyrics: “Bitter-sweet memories/That’s all I’m taking with me”
2. Complete the lyrics: “You could have your choice of men/But I could never love again”
3. Complete the lyrics: “New York City ain’t no kinda place for a country girl with a friendly face”
4. Complete the lyrics: “Jump in the shower/And the blood starts pumpin’”
5. Complete the lyrics: “Your touch is soft and gentle/Your kiss is warm and tender”
6. Complete the lyrics: “Momma sewed the rags together/Sewin’ every piece with love”
7. Complete the lyrics: “Don’t try to make me feel sorry for you”
8. Complete the lyrics: “Watch the kids a’ playin’ with June bugs on a string”
9. Complete the lyrics: “No more will you cry/Baby, I will hurt you never”
10. Complete the lyrics: “You waltz right in the door, just like you’ve done before”
11. Complete the lyrics: “All decked out like a cowgirl’s dream”
12. Complete the lyrics: “You are my inspiration/You are the song I sing”
1. “Good-bye, please don’t cry.’Cause we both know that I’m not what you need” – from I Will Always Love You
2. “He’s the only one for me, Jolene” – from Jolene
3. “If you smile, people look at you funny, they take you wrong” – from Tennessee Homesick Blues
4. “Out on the streets/The traffic starts jumpin’” – from 9 to 5
5. “Whenever I am with you I think of butterflies” – from Love is like a Butterfly
6. “She made my coat of many colors/That I was so proud of” – from Coat of Many Colours
7. “Just because I’m blonde don’t think I’m dumb/Cause this dumb blonde ain’t nobody’s fool” – from Dumb Blonde
8. “And chase the glowin’ fireflies when evenin’ shadows fall” from My Tennessee Mountain Home
9. “We start and end as one/In love forever” – from Islands in the Stream, sung with Kenny Rogers
10. “And wrap my heart ’round your little finger” – Here You Come Again
11. “Why’d you come in here lookin’ like that” – from Why’d You Come Here Lookin’ Like That
12. “You are what makes me happy/You are my everything” from You Are
Source: Read Full Article