How can Wales win the Six Nations? What Wayne Pivac's team MUST do against France in tonight's Grand Slam rugby showdown
WALES are chasing a Six Nations Grand Slam and have overcome the odds to lead the pack with just ONE fixture remaining TONIGHT.
Wayne Pivac's Dragons secured the Triple Crown with wins over Ireland, Scotland and England and then thumped Italy to open up a nine-point lead over France.
SIX NATIONS ODDS, BETTING OFFERS AND FREE BETS
And last weekend they eased past Italy, leaving only the French standing in their way.
But this final match is set to be by far Wales' toughest with Les Bleus harbouring title ambitions of their own.
How can Wales win the Six Nations?
- Any win against France next weekend would be enough to Wales them lift the trophy.
- Victory in Paris would also see the Welsh pick up the Grand Slam for the second time in three years.
- A draw would be enough to secure the title, but not the Grand Slam.
Can Wales win the Six Nations if they lose to France?
Yes. Following their defeat to England, France are nine points behind Wales in the Six Nations.
They must close that gap to no more than five points ahead of their match with Scotland if they are to have a chance of winning the title.
That means Wales will win the Six Nations if they lose to France but pick up more bonus points from the game than their opponents.
This will happen if one of the following occurs:
- Wales lose by seven points or less and score four tries.
- Wales lose by seven points or less and prevent France scoring four tries.
- Wales score four tries and prevent France scoring four tries.
Which teams can win the Six Nations?
Scotland's defeat to Ireland means only Wales and France can still win the Six Nations.
Source: Read Full Article