Jake Paul bathes in money while boasting $75 million PPV knockout

Originally Published by:

  • Fans accuse Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren of being fixed

  • Daniel Cormier fumes at Askren 'laughing' after Paul loss

  • Paul vs. Askren among best-selling PPV fights ever

  • Paul accepts Tommy Fury callout on one condition

Jake Paul revealed his KO demolition of Ben Askren generated 1.5 million pay-per-view buys on Saturday night.

And the YouTube star says the bout raked a mega $75 million just in PPV buys.

Paul looked delighted to share the news as he posted an image on Instagram flashing a load of dollar bills.

The 24-year-old is set to make millions more in box office money on top of his reported $690,000 fight purse.

Paul stopped Askren in round one of their Triller pay-per-view headline bout in Atlanta, Georgia.

Paul landed a simple one-two over the top and left the retired UFC fighter unable to continue in the eyes of the referee.

And a video shot ringside showed the brutality of Paul’s finish as Askren was left face-flat on the canvas.

Afterwards, he said: “I told y’all I was gonna do it in the first round. I told y’all I’m a real fighter.

“I don’t know how many times I’ve gotta prove myself that this is for real.”

Askren, 36, barely got into the fight before he hit the deck and saw the action waved off.

Paul, 24, moved to 3-0 in his boxing career since turning professional in January 2020 and dedicated the win to his bodyguard Shamir “Shadow” Bolivar, who passed away earlier this month.

“This is for Shadow, my security guard, who passed away 10 days ago,” Paul said. “He told me I would knock him out in the first round. He said he had a vision, a dream.

“This has been the hardest 10 days of my life. I had to hold it together to keep it going. And I’m just honored to be here.”

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article