Join Metro.co.uk and Headspace for a live mindfulness session now
Coming out of my cage and I’ve been doing… fine, I guess?
Not quite the vibe that Brandon Flowers and The Killers had in mind when they wrote Mr. Brightside, but it’s all we can do right now considering the state of the world.
If you’re one of the lucky people never to have experienced anxiety before the pandemic took hold, then welcome. You are not alone.
About 8.2 million people in the UK suffer from anxiety disorders. It is not shameful. It is not embarrassing. It is normal.
Considering the state of the world right now, it seems like a fairly normal reaction.
But it isn’t a state you have to stay in.
In this week’s guided meditation, Headspace founder Andy Puddicombe, will be walking you through how to manage anxious feelings.
He will show you how to identify and move past those dark thoughts, while not making you fight with yourself.
You can tune into our session every Tuesday at 10am on Facebook, and catch up with any sessions you may have missed on Twitter, Instagram and Youtube!
Together we will carve space out of our hectic weeks to have guided meditation sessions and learn how to use mindfulness in our day-to-day tasks.
What will the episodes be covering?
- Managing stress and anxiety in lockdown
- How to take care of your mental health while self-isolating
- Top tips on meditation and mindfulness in every day tasks, such as washing your hands.
- Identifying and managing feelings of loneliness
- Connecting mind and body to keep mentally and physically active
- Being more mindful and how to manage relationships
- How to talk about stress and anxiety with children
- How to incorporate meditation into daily routines with children
- Mindful activities to do with children
- Dealing with insomnia and poor sleep patterns in lock down
On top of this, Headspace has also unlocked a free, specially-curated Weathering The Storm collection of meditation and mindfulness content in the Headspace app for people around the world during this time of crisis.
Alongside Andy Puddicombe, we will also have sessions with Headspace’s chief science officer Dr Megan Jones-Bell, as well as Dr. Andreas Michaelides, the chief psychology officer at Noom.
Together we hope we can offer you a small calming oasis, amid the tempest of the outside world.
Source: Read Full Article