The UK's most Instagrammed picnic spots – now we can meet friends outdoors
A PICNIC with your mates can go ahead again from this week as lockdown restrictions are eased.
Groups of six are now able to meet up outside, or two households, and is perfect timing for the heatwave with temperatures hitting 24C.
According to HelloFresh, who conducted a recent survey, searches for "best picnic spots near me" have increased by 80 per cent in the past week.
The most popular picnic spot, according to Instagram, is Brighton Beach with more than 840,000 posts for a picnic.
Three of London's most beautiful spots also feature, along with areas in the north of England.
Here are the most Instagrammable picnic spots.
1. Brighton Beach
2. Little Venice, London,
3. Seven Sisters, East Sussex
4. Hampstead Heath, London
5. Tynemouth Beach, Newcastle
6. Primrose Hill, London
7. Chatsworth House, Derbyshire
8. Lyndhurst, New Forest
9. Tatton Park, Knutsford
10. The Fairy Pools, Isle of Skye
Most Instagrammed picnic spots in the UK
1. Brighton Beach, 834,000 posts
2. Little Venice, London, 319,000 posts
3. Seven Sisters, East Sussex, 296,000 posts
3. Hampstead Heath, London, 296,000 posts
5. Tynemouth Beach, Newcastle, 287,000 posts
6. Primrose Hill, London, 260,000 posts
7. Chatsworth House, Derbyshire, 107,000 posts
8. Lyndhurst, New Forest, 91,800 posts
9. Tatton Park, Knutsford, 85,800 posts
10. The Fairy Pools, Isle of Skye, 76,000 posts
11. Wye Valley, Wales, 75,200 posts
12. Corfe Castle, Cornwall, 70,600 posts
13. Carrick-a-Rede, Northern Ireland, 50,600 posts
14. Whitstable, Canterbury, 18,900 posts
15. Elterwater, Lake District, 12,700 posts
16. Castlerigg, Stone Circle, Keswick, 10,300 posts
17. Edinburgh Botanical Gardens, 8,600 posts
18. Lydford Gorge, Devon, 7,300 posts
19. Bath Skyline Walk, 5,100 posts
20. Gara Rock, Salcombe, 4,800 posts
21. Green Park, London, 4,300 posts
22. Marsden Bay, South Tyneside, 1,500 posts
We've also rounded up the best beaches in England to head to during the hot weather.
Staycations can't go ahead just yet, although can from April 12, as long as it is at self-catered accommodation.
Here are the cheapest seaside towns to stay at this summer, from just £16 per night.
Source: Read Full Article