Tom Jones lyrics quiz: Can you complete the lyrics to Tom Jones’ classic songs?
Gogglebox: Tom Jones discusses his mobile phone
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Sir Tom Jones has released 41 studio albums in his long career, which began in the 1960s. Since then, not only has he scored Number Ones but also received a knighthood for his work in the music industry. But how many of his tunes do you know, and can you complete the lyrics?
Sir Tom Jones did not have much say in writing his early tunes, and instead sang covers as well as songs written for him.
He sang the James Bond theme song for Thunderball, as well as releasing songs which scored impressively in the charts.
While he had a lul of popularity in the 1980s and much of the 1990s, he came back swinging in the 2000s, relaunching his music career and making him a stalwart of the small screen ever since.
But how many of his songs do you know well enough to complete the lyrics?
READ MORE: Beatles George Martin: How did The Beatles meet George Martin?
1. Complete the lyrics: “Down the road I look and there runs Mary”
2. Complete the lyrics: “I’m your main target come and help me ignite”
3. Complete the lyrics: “At break of day when that man drove away, I was waiting”
4. Complete the lyrics: “Well she knows what I’m about”
5. Complete the lyrics: “It’s not unusual to go out at any time”
6. Complete the lyrics: “Pussycat, pussycat, you’re delicious”
7. Complete the lyrics: “Love is like candy on a shelf”
8. Complete the lyrics: “His days of asking are all gone”
9. Complete the lyrics: “Want some whiskey in your water? Sugar in your tea?”
10. Complete the lyrics: “I will hold back the evening of your sun”
11. Complete the lyrics: “With these hands I will bring to you”
12. Complete the lyrics: “I’ve been in love so many times”
1. “Hair of gold and lips like cherries” – Green, Green Grass of Home
2. “Love struck, holding you tight” – Sex Bomb
3. “I crossed the street to her house and she opened the door” – Delilah
4. “She can take what I dish out, and that’s not easy” – She’s a Lady
5. “But when I see you out and about it’s such a crime” – It’s Not Unusual
6. “And if my wishes can all come true” – What’s New, Pussycat?
7. “You want to taste and help yourself” – Help Yourself
8. “His fight goes on and on and on” – Thunderball
9. “What’s all these crazy questions they’re askin’ me?” – Mama Told Me Not to Come
10. “But I won’t crumble with you if you fall” – I Won’t Crumble With You If You Fall
11. “A tender love as warm as May” – With These Hands
12. “Thought I knew the score” – I’ll Never Fall in Love Again
Source: Read Full Article