What to know about the coronavirus outbreak in 25 charts and maps
- The coronavirus has killed more than 151,000 people and infected more than 2.2 million.
- Here's what to know about the virus — including symptoms, spread, and travel warnings — in 25 charts and graphics.
- For the latest news, see Business Insider's live updates here.
- Visit Business Insider's home page for more stories.
As the world's coronavirus case total and death toll continue to climb, a growing collection of data and research is providing insights into the pandemic.
COVID-19 spread globally
These 25 charts and graphics lay out what you need to know as the outbreak continues to progress.
Here's where cases and deaths have been confirmed around the world so far.
This chart shows the rate at which the coronavirus case total has shot up worldwide.
The true number of infected people is almost certainly higher than the official total, since some mild and asymptomatic cases are not tested and counted.
As the number of new reported cases in China has decreased, other countries have begun to experience surges.
Read more here.
The US has reported more than 683,000 coronavirus cases — the most in the world.
At least 34,000 people in the US have died as of Friday.
The US's epidemic growth curve still looks like a steep staircase.
New York has been the epicenter of coronavirus cases in the US. Here's how quickly New York City's outbreak has grown.
About 90% of all Americans have been ordered to stay at home in an effort to slow the spread of the virus.
42 US states, along with Guam, Puerto Rico, and Washington DC, have issued stay-at-home orders, as have some metro areas in states without such policies.
Many countries have declared nationwide lockdowns.
Read more here.
But social-distancing efforts across the US haven't been consistent.
Featured Health Articles:
– Telehealth Industry Explained
– Value-Based Care Explained
– Senior Care & Assisted Living Market
– Smart Medical Devices & Wearable Tech
– AI in Healthcare
– Remote Patient Monitoring Explained- AI in Medical Diagnosis Systems
Do you have a personal experience with the coronavirus you’d like to share? Or a tip on how your town or community is handling the pandemic? Please email [email protected] and tell us your story.
Get the latest coronavirus business & economic impact analysis from Business Insider Intelligence on how COVID-19 is affecting industries.
Source: Read Full Article