IF you’re planning on buying new garden furniture in one of Ikea’s reopened stores, you’ll want to take advantage of the Swedish retailer’s loyalty scheme where you can get 20 per cent off outdoor goods.
Ikea has recently reopened 19 of its stores following the coronavirus lockdown.
Its grand reopening saw thousands of shoppers queuing for up to three hours to start shopping, with some customers having arrived at stores at 5.30am.
If you're in the market for some new Ikea garden furniture, we explain how you can save 20 per cent with its Ikea Family member scheme.
What is the Ikea Family member scheme?
The Ikea Family member scheme is free to sign up to and it offers a range of freebies and discounts.
You can sign up for free on the Ikea website – the webpage also lists its current offers, which change every few months.
What other offers can you get with Ikea Family?
DISCOUNT on garden furniture isn't the only benefit of signing up to the Ikea Family member scheme.
Here's what else you can get – although keep in mind some offers are time sensitive and will be replaced by new deals once they expire.
These deals are accurate at the time of writing.
- Free tea and coffee in in-store cafes, Monday to Friday. Normally, the hot drinks cost £1 each. This is a permanent benefit.
- Money off Ikea food in in-store cafes, Monday to Friday. Ikea cafes are currently closed, but before the coronavirus epidemic, you could get money off in-store food. On its website, it has various discounts still listed including two mains and desserts for £10, instead of its usual price of between £11.20 and £15.80. Offers on food are also always available.
- Free "Oops-insurance". When you swipe your card at the checkout you receive Oops-assurance – so if something breaks, Ikea will replace it for free. This can only be redeemed within 90 days of purchase. Like the free tea and coffee, there is no end-date for this freebie.
- 25 per cent off the SOLBLEKT range. You can view the full range online here. Discount only valid until 10 June, 2020.
- 20 per cent off NATTJASMIN fitted sheets. You can view the full range online here. Discount only valid until 10 June, 2020.
Once you've signed up, you'll then be sent a card which you'll need to show in store to claim any current discount.
If you're shopping online, you'll need to be logged into your Ikea Family account.
Discounted items can be identified by blue stickers both in stores and online.
What offers are currently available through Ikea Family?
At the moment, Ikea is offering its loyalty card holders 20 per cent off outdoor furniture.
This discount only includes a select range of items, so not everything in Ikea's outdoor collection will be included.
This offer is also only valid until 31 July, 2020.
When The Sun checked this afternoon, Ikea Family members could purchase a TÄRNÖ two chair outdoor seating set for £28 instead of £35 – a saving of £7.
We also spotted this ÄPPLARÖ wooden sunlounger reduced to £64 from £80 – a discount of £16.
As always, you should still compare prices in other stores to make sure you're getting the best deal.
An item is also only a bargain if you were planning on buying it anyway.
We've rounded up other Ikea Family offers in the box above.
Ikea has shared the exact recipe for its meatballs and there are only six steps.
The Sun has rounded up the full list of reopened Ikea stores here.
But the Swedish retailer has banned families from visiting to help reduce the number of customers in stores at one time.
Source: Read Full Article