Dune trailer 2020: When is the movie's release date?
SCI-FI book Dune is finally being brought to life.
Fans of the 60s book can't wait to see how Dune fares on the big screen.
When is Dune's release date?
The film focuses on the young Paul Atreides, who leads nomadic tribes in a battle to control the desert planet Arrakis.
Sci-fi fans can't wait for the movie to hit cinemas.
The film will be released in the UK and the US on December 18 , 2020.
The film runs for 2 hours and 17 minutes.
What happens in the Dune trailer?
The trailer opens on the face of Paul Atreides, who experiencing a vision – a blue-eyed girl standing in a rocky desert.
This is Chani, a young Fremen woman from the planet Arrakis, but he doesn’t know that yet.
Paul has precognitive abilities, which makes him one of the most important young men in the galaxy.
Not only does he kiss the mysterious Chani in the dream, he also envisions a Great War.
Fans of the book will know what’s set to happen, but the trailer doesn’t spoil anything about the film.
Who is in the cast of Dune?
The film brings with it a high calibre of actors and this includes:
- Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides, the scion of House Atreides
- Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica, Paul's Bene Gesserit mother and concubine to Duke Leto.
- Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides, Paul's father and a nobleman newly bestowed with the stewardship of the dangerous planet Arrakis.
- Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck, the weapons master of House Atreides and one of Paul's mentors.
- Stellan Skarsgård as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, the sworn enemy to Leto and former steward of Arrakis
- Dave Bautista as Glossu Rabban, the brutish nephew of Baron Harkonnen.
- Stephen McKinley Henderson as Thufir Hawat, a Mentat loyal to House Atreides
- Zendaya as Chani, a mysterious young Fremen woman and Paul's love interest.
- Chang Chen as Dr. Wellington Yueh, a Suk doctor in the employ of the Atreides family.
- Sharon Duncan-Brewster as Dr. Liet-Kynes, Chani's mother and the leading ecologist and peacekeeper on Arrakis.
- Charlotte Rampling as Gaius Helen Mohiam, a Bene Gesserit Reverend Mother and the Emperor's Truthsayer.
- Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho, the swordmaster of House Atreides and one of Paul's mentors.
- Javier Bardem as Stilgar, the leader of the Fremen tribe at Sietch Tabr
- David Dastmalchian as Piter De Vries, a twisted Mentat loyal to the Baron.
When was Dune book released?
Dune is a 1965 science fiction novel by American author Frank Herbert.
It was originally published as two separate serials in Analog magazine.
It is the first instalment of the Dune saga, and in 2003 was cited as the world's best-selling science fiction novel.
Source: Read Full Article