Family Guy forced to axe controversial abortion episode as cartoon scooped up by Disney+
FAMILY Guy has been forced to axe their controversial abortion episode after the cartoon was scooped up by Disney+.
The popular streaming service have just got their hands the animated series, but they've decided to scrap episode 21 of the eighth season.
- The best kids shows on Netflix
- The best series on Disney+
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
The final episode of that series, titled Partial Terms of Endearment, sees Lois Griffins debate whether or not she should go through with her pregnancy.
Lois gets talking to a college pal called Naomi, who admits she's been struggling to start a family with her husband Dale.
The housewife decides to help her friend in need and becomes a surrogate for the couple through IVF.
Things take a turn for the worst when Naomi and Dale end up in a car crash that takes both of their lives.
Lois debates what is best for the unborn child – carrying on with the pregnancy and putting the baby up for adoption or going through with an abortion.
While Peter tries to convince Lois to keep the baby after taking part in an anti-abortion protest, it seems that she's already made up her mind.
Lois highlights her future worries for their, with her main concern about not being able to afford to look after another child – as she already has Meg, Chris, and Stewie.
Peter went on to confirm their decision when the episode ended.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
He simply told the audience: "We had the abortion."
Back in 2010 Fox banned the controversial episode from playing on air in the US.
But over in the UK, BBC iPlayer allowed fans to watch it online.
The comedy first hit our screens in 1999 and follows the adventures of the Griffiths family.
In May last year fans of the comedy were left ecstatic when they found out that Fox had renewed the show for a nineteenth season.
It went on to premiere on September 27 2020.
Disney+ didn't just add Family Guy to their service yesterday, they also added hundreds of other new TV shows and movies including Lost, Borat, Pretty Woman and Desperate Housewives.
Family Guy airs on Fox in the US, and ITV2 in the UK.
Source: Read Full Article