Gordon Ramsay, Gino D’Acampo and Fred Sirieix's Road Trip 'put on hold'
Gordon Ramsay, Gino D’Acampo and Fred Sirieix are said to have put their Road Trip series on hold following the coronavirus outbreak.
It’s thought that the trio were all set to head off to Asia where they would spend three weeks sampling the continents fine cuisine.
However, as the Covid-19 crisis continues to soar, it has now been reported that ITV have put the show on hold.
According to The Sun, an insider said: ‘It was going to be their most adventurous trip to date — in terms of the countries they visited as well as the food they would have experienced and the culture.
‘But now it seems Asia is going to be firmly off the cards for some time and it’s unlikely any filming will be able to take place until well into 2021.’
Visit our live blog for the latest updates: Coronavirus news live
The source added to the publication: ‘Obviously, it’s gutting for them all as they love working together, and going away on their work trips has become a highlight for Gordon, Gino and Fred.’
They went onto tease fans by saying the next series will be just as ‘outrageous’ but will probably take place closer to home.
It’s not the only show to be affected by the pandemic, as production for the likes of Riverdale, Lucifer and The Walking Dead have all come to a halt.
Earlier this week, bosses at Netflix published an op-ed in the L.A. Times, where they discussed how the TV industry could move forward once the lockdown measures are eased.
Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos explained: ‘It’s important that we all focus on what can be achieved in the short term, even if we can’t solve every problem.
‘That means rejiggering productions, locations and set schedules to postpone shooting crowd or action scenes and intimate moments, as well as scenes that require international travel.’
Sarandos continued: ‘Some shows will need to rewrite scripts or look to add visual effects to what previously would have been shot live.’
It comes after the UK’s death rate became the highest in Europe after more than 30,000 people died from the disease.
There are a further 200,000 confirmed coronavirus cases on the island, seeing Boris Johnson call the figures ‘appalling’.
However, despite the tragic news, the prime minister is looking to ease lockdown measures and will both publish a strategy and address the nation on Sunday night.
Metro.co.uk has reached out to ITV for further comment.
Source: Read Full Article