The Haunting of Bly Manor's Victoria Pedretti reveals if Dani really died in heart-wrenching finale after cryptic clue
THE Haunting of Bly Manor topped the Netflix most-watched charts when it hit the streamer earlier this month.
The horror series left viewers grips with its terrifying ghosts and mind-bending plot twists, but the finale posed as many questions as it answered.
- The best thrillers on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors on Netflix
- The best true crime series on Netflix
The series began with a narrator telling an assembled wedding party the spooky tale – and it transpired that those at the wedding were some of the same people from the Bly estate.
Flora was in fact the bride, while the narrator was Jamie (Amelia Eve), the gardener who had tended the estate.
We learned that she enjoed a long, loving romance with Dani (Victoria Pedretti) – but the pair never got their happily ever after.
Dani, having taken in the spirit of the Lady in the Lake to save Flora's life, finally succumbed to her dark impulses and found herself about to strangle Jamie in her sleep one night.
Horrified at herself, she journeyed back to Bly and drowned herself in the lake to put the vengeful ghost to rest once and for all.
Jamie was left devastated and admitted she spent the rest of her years hoping would return to her from beyond the grave.
In the closing moments of the episode, as Jamie sat staring at the door, we saw a hand appear on her shoulder – something that left audiences wondering if the ghost of Dani had made her way to her.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
However, Pedretti has officially set the record straight – and it turns out there's no supernatural element to the hand whatsover.
“It's a wish. It's a memory,” she told Collider.
“And the way in which, you know, the ones that we love stay with us and leave an imprint,” she added.
Just when you thought 2020 couldn't get any bleaker…
The Haunting of Bly Manor left audiences "too scared to sleep" when it first hit Netflix.
However, some fans were frustrated after solving a major ghostly twist after just one episode.
Others couldn't get their head around the fact that Flora actress Amelie Bea Smith is the voice of beloved cartoon Peppa Pig.
The Haunting of Bly Manor is available to stream in Netflix now.
Source: Read Full Article