Boy, 14, killed in motocross crash after falling off bike during day out at track

A TEENAGE boy has been killed after coming off a motocross bike during a day out at an off road circuit.

Cory Hewer, 14, was injured while riding at the Aberbeeg Motorcross track in Cwm, Blaenau Gwent, Wales.

He was taken to Cardiff's University Hospital of Wales with serious head injuries after Sunday afternoon’s crash but died on Tuesday.

Cory’s mum Vicky paid tribute to her “happy” and “loving” son who she said died doing what he loved.

“We would like to thank everyone for their kind support and generosity at this tragic time,” she said.

“Cory was a very happy little lad who loved his rugby and motocrossing.

“He was a cheeky, funny, loving boy and will be missed very much. He passed away doing a sport that he loved the most and was so brave donating his organs.

“Our lives will never be the same without him.”

He was a cheeky, funny, loving boy and will be missed very much

Cory played rugby for the Ebbw Vale Steelers under-13s team.

"Cory was a pleasure to coach and a boy who just rolled up his sleeves and just got on with it," said the club in a statement posted on its Twitter page.

GoFundMe page has been set up to support Cory's family “at this tragic and heartbreaking time” and more than £4000 has already been donated.

The page said that Cory “passed doing what he loved most” and his organs have been able to save five other lives.

One of the tributes posted on the comment section of the page read: “Corey had a great character about him he was one of the funniest people I have met.”

Another said "always smiling happily amongst his friends".

"Sleep well Cory my friend, words cannot express the vacuum you've left. Love you mate," said another friend.

A spokesman from Gwent Police said: "We had a call from the ambulance service at about 3.30pm on Sunday, July 19, reporting a boy had come off a motorbike that was being ridden at Aberbeeg Motocross in Cwm.

“The 14-year-old, from the Ebbw Vale area, was taken to the University Hospital of Wales with serious head injuries. Sadly he died on Tuesday.

“Our thoughts are with his family. We have specialist officers supporting them at this time.”

Source: Read Full Article