Trump returning to social media with 'OWN platform' in 2-3 months that'll 'redefine the game,' says aide Jason Miller
DONALD Trump will be returning to social media with his "own platform" in 2-3 months that'll "redefine the game," says aide Jason Miller.
Miller, Trump's former spokesperson for his 2020 campaign, told Fox News on Sunday that Trump will make his triumphant social media return with his own platform that is "expected" to have millions of users.
According the outlet, "Jason Miller told Fox News' '#MediaBuzz' on Sunday that Trump will be reentering the social media space in two to three months with a new platform of his own that will 'completely redefine the game' and attract 'tens of millions' of new users.'"
Earlier this month, Miller reiterated that the former president will return to a "non-mainstream" platform by the spring ahead of a reported 2024 White House run.
He told Mediate's The Interview podcast that Trump has had conversations "with both existing social media platforms and also potentially with some brand new platforms".
Donny has been banned from all major social media's following the January 6 Capitol Hill riots.
According to Miller, the former president still "holds a lot of political sway in the GOP".
"[email protected] said Trump still holds a a lot of political sway in the GOP. 'He's already had over 20 senators, over 50 members of Congress call…or make the pilgrimage to Mar-a-Lago.'
"'Pay attention to Georgia on Monday,' as there is a 'big endorsement coming.'" #Mediabuzz," added Miller.
After being banned from the social networking platforms Trump's office put out a statement on the controversial far-right userbase Gab on February 5.
Gab is described as a haven for extremists including neo-Nazis', white supremacists, white nationalists, and QAnon conspiracy theorists.
The social network attracts users and groups who have been banned from other platforms and are seeking alternatives.
According to a recent online poll, the majority of Facebook users believe Trump should be allowed back on the platform.
While Facebook is contemplating whether to permanently ban the former president, an online poll of 11,698 respondents by Yahoo Finance found that over 50 percent of people think Trump should be allowed back on Facebook.
However, 44 percent of the participants said he should be banned permanently.
The remaining suggested alternative options, including lifting the ban with a warning that future violations will result in permanent ban.
On January 22, Facebook launched an independent investigation to determine whether it was right to ban Trump.
The Oversight Board, consists of policy experts, scholars and journalists who review Facebook moderation decisions.
On February 10, Twitter announced Trump's ban from the platform will be permanent, even if he runs for the White House again – and even if he wins.
“The way our policies work, when you’re removed from the platform, you’re removed from the platform,” Twitter’s chief financial officer, Ned Segal told CNBC when asked whether Trump’s tweeting privileges could be restored if he ever returns to power.
He added: “Whether you’re a commentator, you’re a CFO, or you are a former or current public official.
"Remember, our policies are designed to make sure that people are not inciting violence, and if anybody does that, we have to remove them from the service and our policies don’t allow people to come back.”
Source: Read Full Article