Two men fatally shot overnight as NYC shooting surge continues

Two men were fatally shot overnight — and at least two others were hurt amid surging gun violence across the city, cops said.

A 28-year-old man was gunned down around 1:20 a.m. Wednesday on St. Marks Avenue near Schenectady Avenue in Weeksville after he borrowed another man’s lighter at a local bar and walked away with it — sparking a dispute, according to cops and police sources.

The other man shot him multiple times in the torso, police sources said.

EMS rushed the victim to Interfaith Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

The victim has nine prior arrests dating back to 2009 for charges including assault, driving while intoxicated and criminal possession of a controlled substance, police sources said.

Police have not identified a suspect and no arrests have been made.

About 30 minutes after that shooting, a 53-year-old man was grazed in the head at Morris Avenue and East Tremont Avenue in the Mount Hope neighborhood of the Bronx, cops said.

He was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital for treatment.

Another fatal shooting happened around 9:40 p.m. Tuesday, when a 19-year-old man was blasted in the chest at Coyle Street and Avenue Y in Sheepshead Bay.

The victim was buying marijuana with a friend when he was shot, according to police sources.

He was taken to Coney Island Hospital by private means, where he was pronounced dead.

The suspect, who cops say is about 6-foot-4, took off and remains at large.

The teen’s death was the only homicide in the city on Tuesday, cops said. A total of six shooting incidents with seven victims were reported, according to the NYPD’s preliminary numbers.

Among those victims was a 26-year-old man shot once in the right ear on Sands Street near Navy Street, on the grounds of Brooklyn’s Farragut Houses, just after 10:30 p.m., cops said.

He was taken to Brooklyn Methodist Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article