Where is Jill Biden today?
SINCE her husband took office on January 20, 2021, First Lady Jill Biden has been a busy woman with a booked schedule.
The first lady has appeared alongside President Joe Biden at his White House speeches, the June G7 summit, and his visit to Russia.
Where is Jill Biden today?
Jill was in Tokyo on July 23, as she represented the United States at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games.
The first lady arrived in Tokyo from Alaska on July 22, just in time for the Olympics opening.
During her first solo overseas trip, Jill will embark on a busy two-day schedule, statin with dinner with Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga and his wife Mariko Suga at Akasaka Palace, also known as the State Guest House.
During the early hours of July 23, she joined the Japanese first lady to engage at Akasaka Palace and met with Emperor Naruhito of Japan at the Imperial Palace.
She also participated in a virtual get-together with Team USA.
"Your entire nation is cheering you on and we are grateful for what you’ve given us: the chance to come together in common awe and appreciation for your accomplishments and the shared joy of rooting for our country on the edge of our seats," she told the athletes in a pep talk.
On July 24, Jill is to dedicate a room in the residence of the US Chief of Mission in Tokyo to the late US Sen. Daniel Inouye and his late wife, Irene Hirano Inouye.
Jill will host a US vs. Mexico softball watch party with Foreign Service officers and their families at the US Embassy.
Jill Biden timeline
- July 23, 2021: The first lady represented the United States at the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics.
- July 22, 2021: Jill Biden arrived in Tokyo from Alaska during his first solo overseas trip.
- June 29, 2021: Vogue magazine revealed that Jill Biden would be featured on the cover of their August 2021 issue.
- June 23, 2021: Jill received boos on stage in Nashville, where she slammed Tennessee's low vaccination rate.
- June 19, 2021: The president and first lady released a heartbreaking statement saying their 13-year-old dog Champ died "peacefully at home."
- June 11, 2021: Joe and Jill Biden joined Queen Elizabeth II as she hosted a dinner for leaders at the G7 summit.
- June 3, 2021: Jill Biden celebrated her 70th birthday.
- May 22, 2021: Jill and VP Kamala Harris are seen hugging at the White House just a day after the first lady reportedly once told Harris she could “go f**k herself
- May 4, 2021: President Biden celebrated his 100th day in office in Georgia, as Joe and Jill stopped by to have a private meeting with former president Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalynn.
- April 30, 2021: Jill commemorated Arbor Day by planting a linden tree on the north lawn of the White House..”
- April 23, 2021: The first lady kicked off her three-day visit to the US Southwest to push the Covid vaccine.
- April 14, 2021: Jill went through a "common medical procedure" and was expected to resume her normal schedule.
- March 31, 2021: Jill met with farmworkers at Forty Acres in Delano, California, the historic birthplace of the United Farmworkers.
- March 20, 2021: Jill visited the Christa McAuliffe School in Concord, New Hampshire.
- February 24, 2021: Jill sits down with Kelly Clarkson and offers advice on managing a divorce.
- February 12, 2021: Joe and Jill Biden tour Valentine's Day decorations on the White House lawn.
- January 23, 2021: First Lady Jill makes an unscheduled "Thank You" visit to the National Guard after the clinic tour.
What did Jill Biden wear in the Vogue cover shoot?
Jill is seen wearing a floral Oscar de la Renta dress on the cover of Vogue.
She was pictured overlooking the South Lawn of the White House by photographer Annie Leibovitz.
Jill told the magazine that she is surprised by how closely her fashion choices are dissected.
“It’s kind of surprising, I think, how much commentary is made about what I wear or if I put my hair in a scrunchie," she told Vogue.
"I put my hair up! Or the stocking thing…”
She had previously been criticized for tights she was previously photographed wearing.
"It’s amazing how much people pay attention to every little detail," she told Vogue.
“And they weren’t fishnets. They weren’t lace. They were very pretty stockings.”
Most first ladies are featured on the front page of Vogue – but Biden's predecessor Melania Trump was not.
Melania was in the White House for four years – until Joe Biden beat Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election.
Jill Biden aimed the Trumps in her Vogue interview, telling the magazine her husband is "just a calmer president."
"He lowers the temperature," she said.
Source: Read Full Article